Feb 16, 2008

Wedding Readings #2

Here are a couple more readings I have come across...Just thought they were lovely and decided to share with my friends.

"Song of Solomon"
King James Bible version


My beloved spake, and said unto me,
Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over, and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth, the time of the
singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle
is heard in the land.
The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the
vines with the tender grape give a good smell.
Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away

Mark 10


But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder.

"I Ching"

When two people are at one in their inmost hearts
They shatter even the strength of iron or of bronze
And when two people understand each other in their inmost hearts
Their words are sweet and strong like the fragrance of orchids.

More Wedding Readings

No comments: