May 4, 2008

Wedding Reading #3


Here's a suggested wedding reading which I think is really nice if religion is a strong part of your life

Psalm 34:2-9

I will bless the Lord at all times;
praise shall be always in my mouth.
My soul will glory in the Lord that the poor may hear and be glad.
Magnify the Lord with me;
let us exalt his name together.
I sought the Lord, who answered me,
Delivered me from all my fears.
Look to God that you may be radiant with joy
and your faces may not blush for shame.
In my misfortune I called,
the Lord heard and saved me from all distress.
The angel of the Lord, who encamps with them,
delivers all who fear God.
Learn to savor how good the Lord is;
happy are those who take refuge in him.

Song of Songs 8:6-7*

True Love

Set me as a seal on your heart,
as a seal on your arm;
For stern as death is love,
relentless as the nether world is devotion;
its flames are a blazing fire.
Deep waters cannot quench love,
nor floods sweep it away.
Were one to offer all he owns to purchase love,
he would be roundly mocked.


*In my Bible (New American Bible St Joseph edition) there is a note with this reading: "In human experience, death and the nether world are inevitable, unrelenting in the end they always triumph. Love, which is just as certain of its victory, matches its strength against the natural enemies of life; waters cannot extinguish it nor floods carry it away. It is more priceless than all riches." More priceless than all riches, indeed.

More Wedding Readings

No comments: